Here‘s what we‘ll do...
Your new cooker connected and safe to use !!
SPECIAL OFFER: Gas safety inspection £50
Please ask our engineer for a discounted safety inspection at the same time & property
The Hive Active Heating Kit
Get the temperature at home just right from wherever you are with the UK’s favourite smart thermostat.
A warm welcome home every time
Come back to a nice warm house without ever having to heat an empty one. The award-winning Hive Active Heating lets you control your heating from your smartphone.
Save up to £120 a year on your heating bills
Never heat an empty home and you could save up to £120 a year on your heating bills.
Set daily schedules
Set up to 6 time slots for your heating and hot water to fit with your daily routine, and change them around easily on your Hive app.
Know when you’ve left the heating on
With Geolocation, your Hive thermostat knows if you’ve gone out and left the heating on. It can then send you a reminder to turn it off.
Installation you can trust
Get your Hive Active Heating installed by a Local Gas engineer or certified professional.
Works with what you’ve got
Hive Active Heating works with your existing boiler and energy supplier - there’s no need to switch your service. So you only have to worry about the things that matter.
Adjust your heating hands-free
Hive works with Alexa and Google Assistant. So if your hands are full just say “Alexa, tell Hive to turn the heating off”.
Get your devices working together
Hive Actions are clever little ways to connect your devices together. So with just a tap on the app, you can turn your heating on when the sun sets each day. Choose between many popular pre-sets or create your own.
Stay comfy and save money if you have multiple zones set up in your house. Add Hive Multizone so if you're downstairs all day you don't need to heat upstairs.
Bring your home to life
Hive products work brilliantly on their own, but they're even better when they work together to get your home working seamlessly around you.
- Manage your heating and hot water from your smartphone
- Boost your heating via the Hive app if you’re staying up late or heading home early
- Adjust your heating hands-free using Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Multizone – control up to 3 zones of heating
- Set daily heating and hot water schedules
- Frost Protection - Protect your pipes in winter
- Geolocation - be reminded to switch the heating off, if you’ve gone out with it left on
- Holiday Mode - Keep the temperature at home just right when you’re away
- Ready By - pre-heat your home to the right temperature at the right time
- Works with Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT
Nest Smart Thermostat
Programs itself. Saves energy.
Meet the Nest Learning Thermostat. It has new rings and a big, sharp display. And hot water control.
Your thermostat controls 60% of your energy bill. So shouldn’t it help you save energy?
The Nest Thermostat does. Since 2011, it’s saved over 8 billion kWh of energy in millions of homes worldwide.* Because it learns from you. It gets to know the temperature you like when you’re at home. And turns itself down when you’re away. It even learns how your home warms up or how draughty it is, so it only uses the energy it needs. That’s how the Nest Thermostat saves energy.
Two rings to fit any style.
Your life with Nest.
The Nest Learning Thermostat automatically adapts as your life changes. Just use it for a week and it programs itself.
Local Gad can install Nest for you.
After that, just turn the temperature up and down.
That’s how Nest learns
- You turn down the heating on your way to bed.
- Nest takes note and starts building your schedule. 20º in the afternoon, 18º at night. Check.
- After you've turned up the heating for a few days in a row,
- Nest has learned that you like eating breakfast at 20º. So now it warms up the house as you get out of bed.
- You’re off to work.
- The Nest Thermostat can use sensors and your phone’s location to check if you’ve left, then sets itself to Eco Temperatures to save energy.
- Your mum calls to say that she's picked up the kids from football and they’re going home.
- You adjust the temperature from your mobile so that they’ll be cosy.
Control your hot water
Now, you can control your hot water tank with the Nest Thermostat.
It comes with a hot water schedule — just adjust it from the Nest app.
You can boost the heat so that you have extra hot water if you want it. And when you’re away from home for a few days, you don’t have to remember to turn off the hot water. The Nest Thermostat will do it for you.
Follow the Leaf.
Change the temperature to save energy and you’ll be rewarded with a Leaf. The Leaf learns how to help you save, so it appears at different temperatures for different families.
See how much you’ve saved.
Nest shows you how much energy you use every day in Energy History, and every month in your Home Report. So you can see when you use more energy, such as at the weekend or Monday nights, and how to use less.
It lights up when you walk into the room.
Now the Nest Thermostat does something new. It’s called Farsight, and it lights up to show you the temperature, weather or time. You can even choose a digital or analogue clock face. Farsight is big and bright on the beautiful display – you can see it from across the room.
Press the display and turn the ring. You’ll see a summary of what your thermostat is up to and you can reach Settings, Energy History or your schedule.
Control from anywhere.
With the Nest app, your thermostat lives on your wall and in your pocket. Once you connect your thermostat to Wi-Fi, you can control it from anywhere. Adjust the temperature from the app, and the Nest Thermostat adjusts quickly back at home.
Know that your home is safe.
What if it gets so cold that your boiler can’t keep up? Get an alert on your phone if your pipes could burst.
More comfort, better control and platform connectivity.
With multi-room control and the new heating algorithm, tado° can save even more on your heating costs and make life more comfortable. An improved interface on the thermostat itself and the new Smart Schedules in the app make control of your heating even easier.
The tado° Smart Thermostat uses your phone’s location to control your heating, ensuring no energy is wasted. The smartphone app gives you full control over your heating wherever you are. Experience more comfort while saving up to 31% of your heating costs.
You can make your home even more comfortable by automating Geofencing and Open Window Detection with the Auto-Assist Skill.* The Auto-Assist Skill is available in the app for only £2.99 per month, and can be cancelled at anytime.
These two Skills also work without Auto-Assist. You will simply be notified via push notifications to (de)activate the heating if the Skills are triggered.
The new product suite offers several integration possibilities, such as Apple HomeKit, Google Home, Amazon Echo, and IFTTT.
Make tado° part of your connected home and create scenes with Apple HomeKit. Use Siri, Google Assistant or Amazon Echo to voice control your heating and create Applets with IFTTT to connect with other applications and smart devices.
Smarter heating with your Climate Assistant
Make your life easier – let the tado° Climate Assistant take care of your comfort and save up to 31% on your heating bill*.
Skills for your Climate Assistant
Geofencing helps you save energy when nobody is home.
Weather Adaptation integrates weather information to assist in reducing your energy bill.
Air Comfort helps you keep a healthy climate at home.
Open Window Detection notices an open window to prevent unnecessary heating.
Insightful Reports display temperature and humidity profiles, heating activity and energy savings.
Boiler Health Monitoring keeps you covered, notifying you when your boiler requires a technician.
Multi-Room Control Control multiple heating zones and rooms separately.
Smart Schedule Have a detailed automatic schedule as well as full manual control.
Hot water control Control your hot water with tado°.**
Auto updates Always get access to new features with the latest software.
Control from anywhere Allows you to access the current room temperature and humidity from anywhere, at any time.
Tailored for your home Automatically learns how fast your home warms up and cools down, so it always chooses the right time to start heating.
Wireless Flexibility to place the Smart Thermostat anywhere in the house, in combination with an Extension Kit.
* Savings of up to 31% are based on a scientific study by Fraunhofer Institute for Building Physics (IBP Report 527, Germany).
**Availability of this feature depends on your system compatibility; an Extension Kit may be required.
the next generation of programmable thermostats, developed to provide intuitive heating time and temperature & hot water time control and include the best features of modern connected devices
- The T6-HW model has additional Hot Water timing functionality
- Wireless Programmable Thermostat with Hot Water control
- For control of central heating and stored hot water systems
- Hot water Boost function for temporary override.
- Location Based Hot water temperature control (Geo-fencing). Boost facility can be geo-fenced
- Suitable for Sundial S, Y and W plan stored hot water systems (on/off)
- Flexible on screen or remote scheduling of hot water & heating (via smartphone or tablet)
- ‘In use’ confirmation with a flame and hot water demand symbol
- Pre-bound two channel Receiver
Compatible with a wide range of cylinder thermostats (not included) – It is recommended that one of a wide range of Honeywell Cylinder thermostats are used
Smart connected features of all models include:
- Control via smartphone/tablet – connects directly to the home broadband network
- Location Based Temperature control (Geo-fencing) automatically adjusts the required room temperature dependent on location. The thermostats communicate with the app to determine when the home is vacant or when the customer is on their way home, adjusting the temperature accordingly. Remote location control can be used by multiple users
- Honeywell Home mobile app for:
- Remote view and change of settings
- Schedule changes
- Three layers of automatic intelligent control: OpenTherm; TPI and Optimum start/stop & delayed start boiler control, allow the thermostat and boiler to work more efficiently together
- Home Integration ready - Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa & Google Home systems all recognise the T6 series thermostats. Works with the IFTTT web control system
- Integrated control within the Honeywell Home App for a Home Security Camera (C1 Awareness camera) & W1 Water Leak Detection
- The account can be edited when changing properties
The T6R models have an attractive, ultra-modern styling that make them ideal for any location in any type of home. All the models have:
- A touch-screen interface with easily recognised icons
- 240V powered (not reliant on batteries)
- ‘In use confirmation
- 7 day, 5/2 day and single day scheduling with a pre-configured schedule included
- Choice of up to 6 time periods a day
- Set point and room temperature displayed
- Time-out screen with selectable brightness levels
- Temperature measurement can be offset to suit the position of the thermostat if required
- Wi-Fi-enabled connectivity offers direct connection to the customer’s home network without additional equipment. (Wi-fi specification (IEEE 802.11b/g/n – 2.4GHz) Will work as a non-connected thermostat when not connected to the home broadband network
- 5–37° Celsius temperature range, with minimum/maximum set point facility and off position frost protection
- Alert messages to assist fault-finding
- Boiler Plus Ready
What you’ll get with a Smart Thermostat Installation
Step away from the screwdriver. Relax, we’ve got you covered.
Make sure that your heating system is working before you book our service.
Your system needs to be working and needs to conform to building and safety regulations.
We can access advanced thermostat setup options available only to trained and certified installers.
Electrically disconnect your old thermostat by our registered engineers.
Safely connect your new smart thermostat to your boiler.
Performance test on your heating system and smart thermostat.
Give you a quick product intro and demo.
Smart Thermostat Connection Service Covered with Lifetime Workmanship Warranty by Local Gas.
We’ll provide you with a Smart Thermostat Installation a Declaration of Safety for insurance proposes.
You'll also have the peace of mind of knowing that they've been installed properly.
ALL INCLUSIVE (VAT, Labour, Materials, Parts), FIXED PRICE the Listed Price is What You'll Pay
It doesn´t include Congestion charge, parking.
♦ ♦ ♦ Stay Safe.
We want to make sure that both our customers, and engineers staying safe and healthy during the coronavirus pandemic.
We are working with our engineers to ensure if they do show symptoms they self-isolate in line with current government guidelines.
We have been in contact with our customers to advise them that they are to make us aware immediately of anyone showing Covid19 symptoms within the household.
Self Isolating due to Covid19 symptoms, we ask that you inform us immediately of your situation.
If you or anyone in your home are self-isolating we won't be able to complete the service.
You need to contact the office as soon as possible to re-arrange the service date or to cancel the booking. Under these circumstances we will issue a full refund.
If you have any concerns at all, please do just drop a note over to [email protected] or 077 387 09 387, and our office team will be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Stay Safe. ♦ ♦ ♦