The term LOCAL GAS LIMITED refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 3 The Leaway, Fareham, PO16 8PH. Our company registration number is 07448962 and place of registration England and Wales. The term you refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence. From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
You change your mind or need to reallocate your request no problem. You can cancel your booking any time but a min. 2 hours before our engineer arrives for FREE of charge.
- E-mail to info*(AT)local-gas.co.uk *(AT) = @
- Text message to 077 387 09 387
We charge £50 cancellation fee.
All request highlighted at checklist on online each service before you book and sent with your booking confirmation by e-mail.
You cancel your booked service:
- Cancellation less then 2 hours before our engineer arrives.
- You change your mind on site and our service is not requested anymore.
- You do not accept our price for additional service and parts quoted on site.
We have to cancel your booked service:
- No suitable, correct gas and/or electric supply outlet and connection.
- Gas appliance is not fitted with FSD.
- No live gas and/or electric supply to start any service.
- No access and/or no key to the property.
- Customer is not present, not show up.
- Commercial service requested.
- LPG service requested.
- Any unsafe situation in your property or appliance.
- Your property is not in suitable condition for the gas service.
You booked any service in the congestion zone and refused to pay central zone service charge.
Terms. specified in the checklist and not listed here.
Online Payment Refund Charge
All refund charge 10% refund fee.
Online Payment Fee, transaction fee
We charge 2.5% credit card, £1 debit card and 3.8%+£0.20 paypal transaction fee.
If you chose the wrong card transaction fee on online booking you agree and accept to pay any difference.
Administration fee £15.00 or 10% the highest apply all times.
- Cancellation fee did not pay on site.
- Re-issue any paper, invoice, certificate etc...
Collection Any Outstanding, Bad Cheques, Unpaid Work and Service.
Customer agree and accept to pay all cost, fee and interest which apply to collect any outstanding.
- Collection administration fee £35
- Dept collector charge and fee
- Solicitors letter charge
- Recoverable cost
- Solicitors & Court cost and fee
When a bad cheque is negotiated, the recipient of the cheque may choose to take action against the writer. The action that is taken may be civil or criminal, depending on the amount of the cheque and the laws in the jurisdiction where the cheque is written.
Apply If your Cheque returned to us by any reason.
- Bad cheques action charge £55.00
How to add our email address to your safe senders list
To make sure you receive the THE newsletters please add [email protected] and to your email's safe senders list (AKA a whitelist). A safe senders list or whitelist is a list of email addresses that you want to receive email from.
In addition, if you find email from [email protected] in your spam or junk folder tell your email software that it's not spam by hitting the not spam or not junkbutton, as that will train your program to allow emails from these addresses in the future.
Here are instructions on how to add email addresses to your safe senders list for some of the most popular email programs:
AOL has a Custom Sender List that users can specify. However, to use the Custom Sender List, you must choose to accept mail only from their custom senders, or to reject mail only from their custom senders. So, you need to make sure they are set to receive mail from All Senders:
1. Click the Settings link at the top of the page.
2. Choose Spam Controls from the options on the left.
3. Under Additional Spam Filters click Control From Whom I Get Email.
4. A pop-up appears - choose the first option (Allow mail from all senders).
5. Click the green Save button.
Apple Mail for OS X
If email from [email protected] ends up in your junk mail folder, highlight or open it and click Not Junk at the top of your screen.
1. Go to Mail > Preferences from your Mail menu
2. Go to the Rules tab
3. Select Add Rule
4. Give this rule a name such as THE
5. Create a rule that says "If any of the following conditions are met: ‘From’ ‘Contains’” and then paste in “[email protected]”
6. From the actions, select Move message to mailbox Inbox.
7. Click OK
Gmail / Google Mail
If you find email from us in your Gmail spam folder, select our email and click the Not Spambutton
1. Next, open an email that you have received from us
2. Click on the little down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to Reply
3. Click Add THE to Contacts list
To whitelist our address with Hotmail you will need to add [email protected] to your Hotmail Safe List. Here’s how:
1. If you find email from us in your Hotmail junk folder, open the email and click Not Junk
2. Next, check to see if the email address [email protected] is on your Blocked Senders list. If you find on your Hotmail blocked senders list, select it and click on the Remove button.
3. Next, open your mailbox and click Options in the upper right hand corner
4. At the top of the page, click on the Junk E-mail Protection link
5. Next, click on Safe List, which is down near the bottom
6. Copy and paste [email protected] where it says Type an address or domain
7. Click the Add button
1. On the Tools menu, click Options
2. On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail
3. On the Safe Senders tab, click Add
4. Add [email protected] where it says Add address
5. Click OK
To whitelist in Thunderbird, you will need to add [email protected] to your address book, and then set up your Thunderbird Junk Mail Controls to whitelist your address book.
1. If you find email from [email protected] in your Junk folder, right-click on our email and choose Mark as Not Junk
2. Next, click the Address Book button
3. Highlight the Personal Address Book
4. Click on New Card
5. In the Contact tab of the new card, copy and paste [email protected] to the email dialog box
6. Click OK
7. Next, to whitelist your address book, select Tools > Junk Mail Controls from the drop down menu
8. Update the White Lists module under the Settings tab by selecting Personal Address Bookfrom the drop down menu, and then check the box next to Do not mark messages as junk mail
9. Click OK
Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Hotmail works similarly to the old Hotmail:
1. Click the Options link at right and choose More Options from the dropdown.
2. Choose Allowed and Blocked Senders.
3. Click Allowed Senders.
4. Type the sender’s email address and click Add to List.
To whitelist [email protected] with Yahoo!, you will need to set up a filter after first taking the following steps:
1. If you find email from [email protected] going to your Yahoo! bulk folder, open it and click Not Spam
2. Be sure that the address [email protected] is not in your Blocked Addresses list.
3. If [email protected] is on your Blocked Addresses list, select it and click Remove Block
Now to create the filter:
1. Open your mail and click on Mail Options in the upper right hand corner
2. Select Filters (in the bottom left corner)
3. On the Filters page, click Add
5. Click the Choose Folder pull down menu and select Inbox
6. Pick the Add Filter button
To Configure the Allowed and Blocked lists in Norton AntiSpam and Norton Internet Security please click here for instructions.
LOCAL GAS LIMITED is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
LOCAL GAS LIMITED may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 28/12/2014.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to LOCAL GAS LIMITED, 30 WORTHING ROAD, HORSHAM, RH12 1SL.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by LOCAL GAS LIMITED and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of LOCAL GAS LIMITED. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, LOCAL GAS LIMITED takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of LOCAL GAS LIMITED - © LOCAL GAS 2010. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computers hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We want to make sure you are fully aware of the cookies we use and what they do when you are shopping on local-gas.co.uk.
Here is a full guide to our cookies explaining the name of the cookie as it would appear on your computer, a description of what the cookie is used for and a rating from our technical teams on level of information held:
|Cookie Name||Description of Cookie usage|
|sCountryCode||A cookie containing 2 characters that remains persistent for 1 month containing “GB” to ensure correct web pages are displayed to you based on the country you are browsing from.|
|sLanguageCode||A session ID cookie that expires after 20 minutes if your web browser is not closed. By storing your session, we can maintain your basket and its contents for longer during session.|
|cookieSource2||A cookie containing 2 characters that remains persistent for 1 month containing “UK” to ensure correct translation module is displayed for appropriate content language.|
|Google Analytics (_utXX)||
|Google adwords conversion tracking||
Our source cookie contains PHP data containing the last 3 traffic sources (referring website) associated to the customer. This cookie helps us understand relevant related websites. This cookie contains no user-specific details or information.
|Affiliate Window (awXXXX)||
An Affiliate Window cookie is used to track websites that are sending customers to our website from theirs so that we can reward them for the referral. When a customer clicks through to our website from an affiliate site a cookie is dropped on that website’s server. When the customer actually arrives on our site, we drop a cookie onto your computer to track the source and the destination. There is only ever 1 Affiliate Window cookie on your PC per transaction. The cookie is retained for 30 days.
SaleCycle collect information to enable us to send bespoke service emails to customers that cannot complete their checkout journey. To opt out of SaleCycle tracking, please visit:
We currently use 49 persistent cookies (70 planned) that are compiled from various approved suppliers used to collect data on sales and revenue based on advertising activity, retargeting of advertising and offers. All data collected is anonymous and with no intervention the tags will persist on your computer for 24 months.
|Site Tagger for Adobe Site Catalyst and Test and Target||
We use 5 session cookies through Site Tagger, an approved supplier, that relate to the use of Adobe Omniture Site Catalyst, another approved supplier. The details of the cookies are below:
Data is consumed and used by the Site Catalyst reporting suite therefore will need to refer to information from Adobe around data usage.
PriceRunner is an approved supplier of ours, and they use 2 cookies in conjunction with a tracking pixel on our order confirmation page that confirms you have placed an order. Both are persistent cookies and are set to expire after 5 years:
There is also a disclaimer of information regarding cookies from our supplier (ValueClick is the parent company for PriceRunner):
Foresee are an approved supplier of ours, used to gain better insight into our customer behaviours via optional surveys designed to improve our overall website experience for customers.
No personal information is held in any of these cookies.
|ISTTrack||This cookie is from one of our approved suppliers called IS Technology used to identify a particular user/browser. The cookie persists for 30 days and only contains a randomly generated GUID (Globally unique identifier). This cookie is dropped on a customer’s computer when they interact with certain product links.|
|session||A session ID cookie that expires after 20 minutes if your web browser is not closed. By storing your session, we can maintain your basket and its contents for longer during a session.|
|AD2ONE||We use DoubleClick (Google) for the use of the DART cookie which enables it to serve ads to our users based on their visit to the site and other sites on the Internet. DoubleClick Retargeting & Optimisation Cookies allows for retargeting and exclusion of ads, as well as allowing for optimisation of campaigns through tracking conversions and expires after 30 days.
|TouchCommerce Live Chat||TouchCommerce is our live chat supplier, which uses three cookies to ensure that the live chat is fully funcational and our chat invitations are offered to the right customers at the right time. It is important to note that these cookies do not collect any personal information about our customers.
The inqState cookie is a persistent cookie used to track state-related customer information, such as whether the customer has visited the site before and how much time the customer has spent browsing our site. The inqSession cookie is a session cookie that tracks events, such as when customers navigate to other pages, when a customer interacts with one of our chat agents, and when an agent interacts with one of our customers. Lastly, the inqVital cookie is a persistent cookie which contains vital information associated with the chat itself, such as the customer ID and the status of the chat.
These are all the cookies currently used by our website and our approved suppliers. Hopefully it is clear that all of our cookies are used ultimately to improve the journey for our customers online or to help us present a better website experience online.
If you feel you would like to change your personal interaction with cookies, you can adjust storage of cookies settings through your web browser by checking out our Cookie Control page.
Please be aware disabling cookies will severely limit your ability to shop on local-gas.co.uk and disable features of many websites across the internet.
Sharing our pages online
On local-gas.co.uk you are able to share certain pages with your friends and networks through 3rd party sites such as Facebook , Twitter and Google+ . If you choose to share via these networks, you may have cookies from these networks stored on your computer. These cookies are not something we control and are sent to you by the 3rd party site you share through – click the links above to learn about the network’s policy on privacy and cookies.